2020 Ram 1500 Towing Capacity
Even on its base model, the Ram 1500 tows as much or more than most Tuscumbia or Muscle Shoals drivers will need a 7,730 pounds. The 2020 Ram 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 12,750 pounds. To find out how much each model can tow and haul around The Shoals, keep reading.
How Much Can the 2020 Ram 1500 Tow?
The Ram 1500 brings workhorse power that adapts around your own unique requirements with 4 engines to choose from. Here’s how much the 2020 Ram 1500 can tow by engine:
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque: Makes up to 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque to deliver a 7,730 pounds maximum towing capacity.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT: Makes up to 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque to deliver a 11,610 pounds maximum towing capacity.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVTeTorque: Makes up to 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque while using eTorque technology to achieve a 12,750 pounds maximum towing capacity.
- 3.0L EcoDieselV6: Makes up to 260 hp and 480 lb-ft of torque to achieve a maximum diesel tow rating of 12,560 pounds.
Each engine is paired with a Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission for seamless shifting and high mpg ratings.
2020 Ram 1500 Towing & Hauling Features
Engine power is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Ram 1500 capability. The features available to enhance towing strength, safety, and confidence make it a favorite of Northern Alabama. Just a few highlights include:
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: 14.9-inch brakes provide optimal stopping power wherever you travel, with however much you’re hauling behind.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: Monitors your blind spot zones while taking trailer length into consideration to keep you aware of other vehicles.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: Features a 60/40 split gate to make loading and unloading bulkier items that much easier.
Need to load up your truck bed, too? The 2020 Ram 1500 payload ratings max out at 2,300 pounds.
See the Ram 1500 Firsthand
Whether you want to find out more about Ram 1500 capability, see the cabin for yourself, or arrange a test drive, the team here at Greenway Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Florence can help. Don’t hesitate to contact us today or visit our Florence showroom.
Learn More About Our Models
No matter which of the 1010 RAM 1500 trim levels you choose, you can expect a pickup that delivers when it comes to performance, safety, technology, and utility. When you shop with Greenway Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Florence near Tuscumbia, you will have six different RAM 1500 configurations to put to work around The Shoals. Explore the 2020 RAM 1500…
There’s quite a bit to love about the Jeep Renegade, from the available 4×4 systems to innovative tech features, but one of its standout features is its bold appearance. The 2020 Jeep Renegade colors let you personalize your new crossover inside and out. Whether you are searching for something striking or more classic and understated,…
The 2020 Jeep Renegade is a favorite of Northern Alabama drivers for its sporty good looks, standout performance, and remarkable safety. What about the Jeep Renegade interior? The cabin of this SUV is outfitted with features to keep you connected on road trips and daily driving around Tuscumbia. Greenway Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Florence has the details on some of…
A diverse selection of Jeep Wrangler models helps cover the needs of every Northern Alabama driver. We’ve put together a quick overview of 2020 Wrangler models, their features, and their prices so you can decide which Wrangler you want to drive home. Wrangler Inventory Contact Us 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Priced at $28,295 MSRP ($31,795…
Even on its base model, the Ram 1500 tows as much or more than most Tuscumbia or Muscle Shoals drivers will need a 7,730 pounds. The 2020 Ram 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 12,750 pounds. To find out how much each model can tow and haul around The Shoals, keep reading. Ram 1500 Inventory Contact Us…